Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Ready for K and Harlem Children's Zone

Interesting editorial posted in the Star Tribune that came to my attention via the Ready for E newsletter I receive.
I had the opportunity to hear Geoffrey Canada speak as part of the Minnesota Meeting series this past winter. The trans formative power of his Harlem Children's Zone and President Obama's potential to fund "Promise Neighborhoods" could provide the catalyst for real systems change for our children.
What could we do here in Itasca County to design a Children's zone with adaptations for our rural communities? Anyone out there up for the challenge? Let's start the conversation here and see where it could go?
Check out the editorial in the news at the Ready for K website

1 comment:

  1. I'm always up for a challenge. I believe our community is primed for something like this. It's a great area to develop a "rural children's zone."

    ReplyDelete